Thursday, October 29, 2009

Five Senses I experienced while on a road trip with my two baby girls...

I thought I would comment on my five senses while driving on our road trip. The drive to Muskogee is about 3 hrs. It can be a tiny bit shorter, but can be much longer, also! We did okay. Our timing going there was about 3hrs 30 min and around the same for coming home.
So here it goes for my list of senses. Let me first say that we left in the morning after breakfast so I thought the girls would take a nap soon in to our drive. Things don't always go as planned....

1. Sight. I see the open road.  The sun beaming down on the beautiful rolling hills. Tons of trees with red, yellow, and orange fall leaves. Beautiful lakes. And on occassion I look in rearview mirrow to see my sweet Miss Lily. I can't see Miss Morgan because her car seat faces the rear of the car.
2. Smell. I smell the wonderful scent of a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I haven't had a Starbucks coffee in forever. Oh, this is so nice... Ooh wait, I smell poo. Someone has pooed in their diaper. Great... I'm not stopping now, we are only twenty minutes into our trip. Okay, I'll stop to change whoever the culprit is. I wouldn't want to sit in poo either.
3. Touch. I feel the leather of the steering wheel. The warm Starbucks coffee in my hand. The sun ,warm on my face, while it is warming up the cool fall morning.
4. Hear. I hear my new fave CD "On the Inside", by Sugarland. Lily loves it, too. I hear her singing along, in her own way. Soon after the start of our trip I hear Morgan screaming (until she falls asleep). Poor baby, I wouldn't want to be strapped in a tight car seat for hours on end either. Finally, I hear Shrek. I had to play Shrek for Lily to pass away the last hour of the trip.
5. Taste. I taste the yummy Pumpkin Spice Latte!. Then, in Atoka, we go through the drive-thru at McDonalds. Lily and I ate a cheeseburger. (Don't tell daddy.) Our kids will not be part of the fast food culture, but sometimes (in the case of a roadtrip) I can't help it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment