Monday, September 28, 2009

The Poo Diaries

When you have children, it is amazing the conversations you will have with your spouse....

Husband: Has Lily pooed today?

Momma Nat: No, not yet.

Husband: It has been two days, when she does poo, you know it will be a BIG one.

Momma Nat: Yes, thank you, I know.

Funny how the "poos" of babies and children are topics of discussion for many conversations. Moms, friends, relatives, and spouses will all join in. Parents will know immediately what is ailing their child just by investigating their child's poo. For instance, a baby, who is exclusively breastfed, rarely has stinking gas or poo, unless they are allergic or have an aversion to the food their mom is eating. Other times, their poo will change colors... Once, I ate too much guacamole and Morgan's poo turned very green! Another point, if Lily gets diarrhea, I know she stumbled upon some sort of virus. Which brings me to the "BRAT" (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet. This diet will magically fix your child's diarrhea almost immediately. Since babies and toddlers cannot take belly meds, moms need other way of correcting the problem, and the "BRAT" diet will do the trick!!! (BRAT diet will work for adults, too) Now, for "not pooing" I don't know the remedy. I guess we will just wait and see. I keep on thinking I am going to put Lily down for a nap, hear her cry, go check on her and "surprise" she has poo in her diaper!

I'm sure the conversation will go something like this....

Husband: Hello?

Momma Nat: Guess what?

Husband: Lily pooed?

Momma Nat: Yes, how did you know?

Husband: I was worried about her... She ate a ton of food this weekend.

Momma Nat: No worries, she is okay.

Husband: Okay, good, talk to ya later, luvy.

Momma Nat: Luvy, bye!

All is good, when your child feels well, is happy, smiles, hugs mommy & daddy, sleeps well, and of course, "poos" on time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment