Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Winter Park, CO 2011: part 1

We are back in WP and I'm thrilled. As I've stated before it's a different way of life here. No deadlines, no times schedules, no contracts to be dealt with, just a complete relaxed way of life. Yes, we do have to make it to the slopes on time, still feed & put the girls to bed on time, but I feel as if I'm in no "rush" while I'm here. Another great thing... We drink A LOT of wine while we are here!!! HAHAHA! That wasn't what I was gonna initially type, but I thought it sounded good plus it's true!
Back to my story... I don't always have to put on make-up & fix my hair while I'm here. My hair is short so I can put on a cool, ski beanie & I'm good to go! Love it! Hey, I figure I'm still more appropriate looking than the family I encountered at the Safeway, who had a mom with dreads, older than her kids, which, by the way, looked as though they had just bathed or rolled themselves in dirt! Now, how is that possible when there is literally 6ft of snow in some places? Anyway, I digress.
So, you get my drift, We're on vaca & we love it! I took about a 2 mile walk this morning. Yes, it was 7 degrees outside, at an altitude of about 8,500ft above sea level, and you might say, "well that's no vacation", but I will tell you it was one of the best walks I've had in a long time. No "momma-momma" noise just the sight of beautiful snow, fresh air, the sound of my feet crunching in the the snow & of course frozen snot! Yea, I had to type it. It was part of my nice morning alone, after all. Then, I came inside & did 20 push-ups, just for good measure! My trainer, Pam, will be so proud!

Late this afternoon the girls, Frankie & I ventured outside to test-out the "make-shift" sledding hill in front of our house. Frankie packed it down real good, (wow! I sounded like a real hick saying that!), so we could put the trusty ole orange, plastic sled to work. I videoed & took pics while Frankie sat the girls on the sled with him & away they flew down the mini-sledding hill!
It was hilarious! The girls loved it & wanted to go again & again! Morgan clapped her hands & squealed after the ride and Lily said, "I go fast, fast, fast!"
I think I have some dare-devils on my hands!

Enjoy the pics...

Sweet Baby Mojo clapping her hands! She loves all the snow garb & being outside!
Lily... She's like, "yea, I'm cool in my snow suit!"
My "living dolls" in matching snow suits! When I bought their matching suits I was thinking to myself, "If they're wearing matching snowsuits, at least, I will be able to spot them in a crowd of people or when they're skiing down the mountain" Clever, huh? I think I'm giving myself more credit than I deserve! ha!
These pics are taken as Frankie & the girls partake in their Christening of the "mini-sledding hill" in front of the house. I giggle everytime I look at these pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment