Friday, January 21, 2011

Feeding donkeys!

The day after Thanksgiving we met some friends out at their ranch to eat leftovers, let the kids play, have a little adult conversation, and feed donkeys!!!
It was a very cold day so we layered up, rode out to the pasture on the Kawasaki Mule, with a bucket of apples in the back, and treated the donkeys to an after-Thanksgiving Day treat.
I've fed our longhorn out of my hand, but this was my first experience feeding a donkey out of my hand and I have to say I was a little weirded out by it. The donkeys literally grab the whole apple out of your hand by their teeth and in one CHOMP the apple is in pieces. I was totally afraid the donkey would miss the apple and go for a hand, but the donkeys had good aim and everyone came home with all their fingers and hands.
Thank goodness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment