Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Big Girl Lily"




Lily has enjoyed her past week as if she were a "big girl"!
She went to see Shrek, and today had her first dental appointment.
She was very entertained with Shrek. I was almost tempted not to take her to see the new Shrek. I bought the book for her, read it to her once, and then realized the next day it was gone all of the sudden. I actually think she threw it away. The book made Shrek out to be a very mean Ogre by doing lots of shouting and scaring the towns people to death. So, in my mind, I think she didn't like the book and tossed it. Anyway, during the movie she sat with a bowl of puffs in her hand, munching away, with her sippy cup in the cup holder. She paid great attention to the movie. Before the movie, I told her we were going to the big girl's movie so when we get home she needs to go pee-pee or poo-poo in the big girl's potty. Has it happened? No. Is it my fault? Yes. Most of the time Lily fights me about putting a diaper on her and she likes wearing her panties, so I need to be diligent and get this potty training thing in order!!! I'm really dreading it. We've been toying with the practice, but no success. I have taken Lily to the potty, put panties on her, set a timer for 15 minutes to take her back to the potty, then we walk into the living room, I turn my back on her to do something, and next thing I know she is poo-pooing in her panties! I can't believe it! I get so discouraged I end up putting another diaper on her. Potty training is going to be a great task! I'll let you know how it goes.
Lily's next big adventure was today at the dentist. The appointment went very smooth. Not much happened on this first appointment. The dentist counted Lily's teeth and examined them for any decay. Lily left with a balloon & a box of sidewalk chalk and a wonderful report! The dentist said, "Lily's teeth looked nice & clean." I'm thinking to myself, "Thank goodness, they had better look nice & clean." Lily loves to brush her teeth and she is famous for sneaking into my bathroom, getting out her toothbrush, putting "Thomas the Train" toothpaste on her toothbrush, and standing in my drawer so she can see herself brushing her teeth.
And, if there happens to be any random make-up nearby, she helps herself to that, too. She will come out of my room with squeeky clean teeth, what looks like a bruised eye from applying too much eyeshadow, and sparkly lipgloss all over her face!
What can I say, "She is her mother's daughter!"
Yes, she is 2 going on 22.
The above pics are of her at the movies and at the dentist office.

No comments:

Post a Comment