Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lily and her antics....

Lily has given us a run for our money lately. These two events I am about to share are stories I have heard about before, but I never thought it would happen to my child!

1. Lily performed a "high dive", as we call it, out of her crib. Yep, she climbed right out and landed on her head. I'm assuming this is what happened, I didn't see her do it, I just saw her walking out of her room when she was supposed to be in her crib. She was crying and I didn't exactly know if she was crying because she was mad or hurt until I saw the big carpet burn on her forehead and blood in her mouth from biting her tongue. She was mad and hurt. Needless to say it hasn't happened since then, "Knock on wood".  I am not ready to put her in a toddler bed. She is not even 2 yrs old. With Lily being so independent she would be roaming our house in the middle of the night. I believe a crib tent is in the works. We are going to have to make this crib tent really special or we will have a MAD baby on our hands!!!!

2. Lily had an episode with her poo filled diaper. Gross huh? Just wait until you read the following.....
Today, I went to get Lily from her nap. I entered her room and smelled poo. I thought "no wonder she didn't sleep very long... she pooed in her diaper". I see Lily, she is sitting in her crib, talking to herself in her "toddler" talk, and she is wearing no socks, pants or a diaper. Yes, you read it right. Lily pooed in her diaper and decided she didn't want to wear it any more. Her socks, pants, and pooed filled diaper are all overboard laying on the carpet outside her crib. I am in shock. Again, here is the perfect example of Lily knowing exactly what she wants and doing something about it. She didn't want her clothes or diaper on so, therefore, she threw them all overboard. Guess what I was doing for the next hour to hour & half? Scrubbing Lily down in the bathtub, scrubbing down the rails of the crib, stripping her bed, and laundering her mattress protecter, sheets, blankies, and pacis. All the while, thinking, "OMG, not my sweet baby girl, but this is definately something we will have to remember to tell and laugh about one day."

No comments:

Post a Comment