Thursday, August 26, 2010

a new routine




Miss Lily and I have started a new routine. She goes to bed a little bit later than Morgan so I read to Lily separately from her sister. Usually, Lily and I sit in the living room and read together on the couch. It never fails she gets distracted by whatever her daddy is watching on TV. A few nights ago a new idea popped in my brain. I hesitated about it at first because I thought Lily would want more than what she was about to experience, but I decided to try it anyway. My idea was for Lily and I to cuddle up in my bed for our story time. This is when I thought she might want to stay in my bed, which she never does, but with Lily sometimes I give her an inch and she takes a mile!
So I tried it anyway. I said, "Lily, lets go read in mommy's bed"
Lily: "Okay, Mommy, put on your jammies"
Me: "okay Lily"
I put on my jammies, we crawled into my bed and cuddled while reading. She loved it! The same event has happened every night since then and I love it! When we finish reading I take her to her bed and her daddy comes in to say prayers.
It's a perfect ending to the day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable pictures. I love reading stories to my 2 year old - just something special about that time together...

    Teri

    ReplyDelete